Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sweet Tooth

I previously blogged about my project in my painting class and last night was the last time we had to work on it. So I'm not exactly thrilled about how it turned out because I think one more day would have allowed me to put the finishing touches on it, but I really liked the process we learned. We used what is called impasto painting and basically its where you mix cold wax with the oil paints to make a thick frosting like paste and we painted with pallette knives. The project was to paint a dessert so I went to Vons and got a small cupcake and if you eat cupcakes from vons you might want to rethink that because my cupcake last me 2 weeks perfectly preserved I would hate to think what chemicals they use to make it last that long. Anyway here are some pics of the process.

This was the cupcake i used isn't it cute!
Here is the base painting before I added the impasto paint. here is a close up of how thick i caked on the paint.
The finished product well finished for class anyways ideally I would continue to work on this and add a few more shadows to make it really pop out but ran out of time.
A side view so you can get another look at the thickness of the paint.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails