Friday, April 2, 2010

Central Coast Adventure

If you haven't already noticed I have been missing in action the past few days and that simply was because I was on spring vacation. I probably should have let you all know before I left anyways it was such a great vacation I was able to get away from everything my cell phone had zero service and I was camping so there was no computers or internet which was so wonderful to really get away from it all. Tim and I decided to go camping in Big Sur we stayed at the most beautiful campsite called Kirk Creek campground which was located right on the cliffs of the ocean such a great spot everything was covered in grass and flowers and forests. It was a wonderful vacation I just can't get over how amazing God's creation is I mean I feel like Big Sur is just an example of His beautifully preserved landscape and to be in it all day and just really do nothing but enjoy the outdoors was the most perfect vacation I could ever think of, so here are a few pics of my trip.
Our first stop was Morro Bay
Can't leave without having a clam chowder bread bowel for lunch, it was delicious!
And of course needed to stock up on some delicious salt water taffy.
Here is our campground it seriously was the best spot for camping in big sur only gripe no showers but thank God for baby wipes after day 3 i was ready for a hot shower, but thats camping for ya.
the drive along the central coast is like something out of a dream nothing but sea cliffs forests and ocean splashing up on the jagged rocks. something powerful.
So there were alot of well kept secrets in big sur most of the most beautiful beaches and trails were hard to find you need to ask locals how to get to the best of big sur here is a secret road to a beautiful beach.
we found it the beach was gorgeous nothing around but forests and cliffs so amazing.
incredible rock formations line big sur's coast
Tim and I used our team working skills to build this tower of rocks we were very proud it didnt topple over.

the Bixby Bridge, every single vista point in Big Sur is breathtaking I was going camera crazy this was one of my favorites.
Incredible drive we decided to drive the entire coast and head to Monterrey
the famous Cannery Row from John Steinback's novels
me soaking in Monterrey
a beautiful sunset this was after a day of just hiking and relaxing and pretty much doing nothing so amazing
loved the flowers here are some morning glories that were everywhere up there
Julie Pfiefer Big Sur loved this spot it was breathtaking
this also took my breath away but not in a good way I was completely terrified when i saw this tarantula.
Morning glories along the coast line.
lovely wild flowers.
bird's eye view of the sea cliffs check out the highway its so small
Calfornia poppies were running wild covering the landscape, had to get a close up of one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails