Monday, April 26, 2010

New Recipe

I have been trying to cook at home alot more trying out different recipes, and there is this breakfast recipe I had been dying to try so I finally made it yesterday and served it this morning for my roomates it turned out pretty good I didn't take any pics so I just used the pics from the recipe i got it from. The original recipe I got from all recipe's.com but I completely modified it due to the fact that I had different ingredients available. so here is the recipe that I made.

Ingredients
1/2 pound bacon, diced (So instead of Bacon I used soy chorizo cause when i cook bacon it sets off the smoke detector)
1/2 cup chopped onion (I also added green peppers)
3 plain bagels (didn't have bagels used leftover sourdough from some bread bowls i made)
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
12 eggs, beaten ( I only had 10 eggs, but more wouldnt hurt)
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
Place the bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside. Slice each bagel into 4 thin slices.
Arrange 6 bagel slices in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with the bacon and onion mixture, followed by the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bagel slices.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, parsley, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the bagel layers. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Uncover the chilled bagel dish, and bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until eggs are firm. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve warm.
This recipe actually made alot so you could totally serve this for a big brunch or something. super easy and delicious!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails