Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just call me Picasso!

I have been taking night art classes at San Diego City College and I am currently in a painting class which is fun but our projects are always so defined and we cover tons of different techniques so im getting a feel for many different painting styles, some I'm alot better at than others and some I fail miserably at, we just did an abstract painting that drove me crazy, tomorrow we are starting a project using the impasto painting technique and basically it's where you paint with a pallette knife and kind of cake on the paint so it gives your canvas a textured surface. I found a woman who uses that technique and sells her work on Etsy and I love her work I want to paint something like her paintings.


Our project however is to paint a dessert that we bring in I'm not sure how our desserts are supposed to last but I think I want to buy a really cute cupcake something like this and use it for my painting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog, Melina! You have the talent... post pics of your dessert when you can!

jill

Melina Antichevich said...

Thank you Jill i'll post the finished product in a couple weeks...glad to see that you read my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails