Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Sun is my Spot Light and my Surf Board is my Stage!!


I guess I haven't really mentioned this before in my blog seems strange kinda but I am a surfer girl. Haha sounds funny to say that but anyways I absolutely love surfing and this summer will make it the 10th year that I have been partaking in this wonderful amazing sport. I have to admit these past couple of years since I have entered the working world I have not been able to go surfing as much, but everytime I go out in the water it's like all my troubles drown away in the calming colors of the deep blue wonder of the sea. Seriously though words really can't describe what it feels like to ride waves if I tried to attempt it I would say it is movement (so obvious right) the movement of nature a mass of water taking shape and forming so powerful and beautiful and you try to catch it to capture the feeling of that movement as you cruise the face turning and moving with the forming wave, the forming mass of water. It is almost a dance the wave moves and you move with it to continue the fluid motion, it can be so graceful and beautiful to watch as well as exciting and exhilirating, as the adrenaline pumps through your veins when you feel that the water has power in it enough to reshape the land and you are riding on it. See I mean even that description doesn't do it.
I had an awesome day yesterday at the cliffs I feel like I have been under so much stress lately and it seems so obvious that the cure would be to get outside and do some stress relief surfing in the water, but I forget that sometimes. So yesterday Tim and my sister Elena and I decided we would go surfing when I got off work I started to have second thoughts about it when driving to pick Tim up, I was completely exhausted from a long day at work and there were dark grey clouds forming all around seemed a little chilly but I had already made the plans so we went we took the wave storms (big cheap foam boards from costco super fun when waves are too small for our short boards) and picked up Elena and headed down to the cliffs it was gloomy and the waves were tiny but there was no one out and it was really glassy (smooth no wind making tons of ripples in the waves) so we decided to go ahead and suit up (put our wetsuits on) and get wet.
It was soo much fun the waves that did come in were small but they were perfect for just cruising it was so relaxing to be in the water I caught one perfect wave that I rode all the way in I didn't care that I would have a long paddle back out I had a long smooth ride and it was amazing.
I felt soo happy out there and I think Tim could tell he commented about it later, but I decided that I need more of that in my life so I told Elena and Tim tuesdays will be our scheduled surf days we are going to try to go out every tuesday from now on to surf together cause after all thats what brought us out here to San Diego the love of the ocean and the love of surfing why are we letting our busy schdules take that away from us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails