Sunday, April 11, 2010

Classic Movie Cafe

Well this isn't exactly a movie recommendation it is more about a classic movie actress, if I could look like anyone in classic hollywood I would love to look like Rita Hayworth. I recently watched the movie Gilda which I guess was the movie that made her famous, I honestly have never seen any of her movies before, but after watching Gilda I think she is the most beautiful woman, and I would give anything to look like her she was so gorgeous. I decided to read up on her life, she was born Margarita Carmen Cansino her father was from Spain her mother was from Ireland her dad was very involved in Flamenco dancing he had dreams to turn his daughter into a great dancer, her mother wanted her to become a great actress, well any guesses who's dream came true, well actually her career in films started once she was discovered by head of the fox film corperation, Winfield Sheehan he was in Mexico watching her perform her flamenco at a big band club, she was signed on with a contract it didnt go far with fox so she was given a contract with Columbia pictures her start in acting was slow she kept getting cast for stereotypical latina films so the company decided to change her image they died her hair red and changed her name to Rita Hayworth using her mother's maiden name. Rita Hayworth performed with big names such as Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire, but her most memorable role was her role in Gilda she was hollywood's bombshell.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails