Monday, March 8, 2010

Let's talk Oscars

One of my favorite things about watching the Oscars is the Red Carpet I believe it's Hollywoods biggest night where glamour is essential and classic style and elegance is preferred. Lets see how our lovely stars did on there choice of dress for the Oscar night.

I wish I had a photo of the back of Sarah Jessica Parker's dress because it was my favorite part of the dress i do love the yellow and silvery grey combination and the back was very elegant. I'm not sure about the neck though looks uncomfortable and how the heck is she keeping it up its so top heavy that is a mystery to me.
Zoe Saldana well Zoe I think you could have done better she has a great figure not sure why she chose this fluffy thing
Rachel Mc Adams looked gorgeous at first I couldnt decide because of the strange colors but I love this dress, the way it flows, beautiful design, still back and forth about that color pattern.
The top of this dress is a little tacky its a really pretty dress from the waist down but the top looks a little bit like lingerie Miley Cyrus did look very cute though.
Diane Kruger hmm I'm still not sure she looks elegant but the dress is a little strange its like ok lets combine every style in one.
LOVE IT!!!! I think Sandra Bullock looked so elegant and classy what a lovely choice just like a true hollywood star this was my favorite.
Carey Mulligan I think she looked so adorable with her cute little pixy haircut to this adorable black dress she looked very age appropriate and her fun dress gives her personality loved it.
Cameron Diaz looked so lovely in this glamorous dress even though she wasn't showing off her amazing long legs she looked so classy great job Cameron.
EEk Charlize Theron could have definately done better this fabric is all wrong it looks like it wrinkles so easily and what is up with the boobs of the dress really not a fan.
Alright still having trouble with Demi Moore's Dress the top i think is very lovely and reminds me of a ballet dancer's costume very graceful I don't like how it blends in with her skin and the ruffles are more subtle than some of the other dresses but it might have been even better to take it down one more notch.
JLO always very risky fashion sense im not sure that I like this one though kinda reminds me of a space age futuristic suit. The big hip ruffles is a little much, the top is the only part i kinda like.
Kate Winslet will always look lovely and classy no matter what she wears she just has that about her, and even though I think she looks gorgeous as always I'm not sure that I absolutely love this dress, I don't hate it but i don't love it she needs something that portrays her more.
This may seem a little harsh but thank God Kristen Stewart showered for this event she does look very elegant and feminine in this dress so props to her for cleaning up her style for the oscar night.
Elegant! there is no better way to describe the way this dress flows all this fabric draped around her I just think of an elegant ball gown when I look at Penelope Cruz in this dress.
Tina Fey looked so great in this dress she looked very classy and chic the dress seemed to suit her personality so great.
Job well done Queen Latifah you looked so elegant. Great color for her skin tone and very nice design for her figure.
Sci Fi lady Sigourni Weaver looked great choice age appropriate looked like a greek toga dress in red.
Molly Molly Molly, too trendy I can't blame her though she was a star in the 80s the strangest styles emerged in that decade it might have just stuck with her. Still love her for giving us The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles. Wish her presentation wouldn't have been so awkward.
Katherine Bigalow not a fan of the dress but well done on being the first female to win best director.
She's adorable her dress was a great choice very glamorous but I think what made her look was her glow and excitement at the wonderment of being at the oscar's "hollywoods prom"
I still don't understand the ruffles in these dresses this trend is a little strange she looked lovely though simple color but very elegant.
Loved the flow of this dress and thet design not a huge fan of the little flower clump on her shoulder. Really think it would have been beautiful in a richer color like maybe an emerald green or something.
Amanda Seyfried looked alright in this dress im not sure why the chest area sticks out like that but there's room for improvement.
Robert Downy Jr. All i can do is laugh.
Also lets talk acceptance speeches there were two women that stood out so strongly for there acceptance speech Sandra Bullock did an excellent job almost brought me to tears as well as Mo'Nigues great job ladies. Least favorite speech was Sandy Powell for the costume design what a snob.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails