Friday, March 19, 2010

Classic Movie Cafe


I have only one classic movie recommendation for this weekend because I don't want to encourage you to stay in doors this weekend when the beautiful weather and the first day of spring are finally here, no instead spend your time outside. My one movie recommendation however is My Fair Lady, for some reason when i thought of what classic movie reminded me of spring My Fair Lady came to mind, maybe because the main character starts out as a flower lady selling flowers on the street. Anyways I love this movie so much. In this classic cinematic version of the Broadway smash, Audrey Hepburn is at her most radiant as Eliza Doolittle, the Cockney flower girl transformed into a poised duchess by Professor Henry Higgins (Rex Harrison, reprising his Broadway role). The restored and remastered special edition includes an audio commentary with crew members and Doolittle's singing voice, Marni Nixon. The film won eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails