Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Channeling my Inner Van Gogh Part 2

Well it's finally finished you may have already read about my painting assignment to do a famous self portrait and replace the artists face with your own. I finally finished it here is the entire process and finished product of me with a beard haha. so here we have the painting i chose to imitate, Van Gogh in his straw hat.
here's the start took me forever to get the grids to match and draw it out class one just got the hat done.
Pretty satisfied with the background here takes along time to load on the paint i used my smalles paint brush to get the brushstroke effect.
I have finished the coat here and started on the face it's a good starting point.
haha need to fix that bag under my eye made sure to do that the following class.
good start on the eyes but definately room to improve.
dun dun dun da the beard now realizing that my entire face is much to flat and looks nothing like van gogh's brush work.
putting in colors and brush work like van gogh starting to like the eyes more.
eek went a little over board look like an aged weathered man can't see myself in the painting anymore.
the finished product, smoothed it out a little bit not too much after all van gogh was alot older than me when he painted this and also a man i dont need to make my skin look as weathered as his.
here's a little close up of the thickness of paint I used gotta see it in person to really get an idea.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails