Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sugar Sugar

For Valentines day I came up with the most delicious creation all because of a few errors. I wanted to make sugar cookies for valentine gifts for Tim's roomates since I'm always invading thier space. So last week I got to work and I made your everyday average sugar cookies.
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
2 Tbsp milk
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder.
Then it's usually my specialty to melt white chocolate chips and decorate the sugar cookies with that simple enough right. WRONG I couldn't figure out how to lower the temp of our microwave and therefore kept burning the chocolate. When I finally used up my entire bag of chocolate chips I decided to try the double boiler thing and found another bag of chocolate chips but the ones I found were so old that they did no good. Finally after all that mess I figured out how to lower the temp on the microwave so I went back to the grocery store bought another bag of white chocolate chips and just in case I bought a tub of strawberry pilsbury cake frosting, just to be safe. I got home and burnt another batch of chocolate and was so frustrated decided to just go with the strawberry icing I put a little bowl of it in the micro for 15 sec to get it runny and added some red food coloring to make it a brighter pink then went to town drizzing the strawberry sweetness on my sugar cookies. I couldn't stop there though I couldn't accept the fact that I had failed at something as simple as melting chocolate chips so I lowered the temp of the microwave to a 6 out of 10 then put a cup of white chocolate chips in with a teaspoon of crisco and melted it for 1 min then added another 30 sec to get it really smooth and it came out perfect success, so I drizzled some of that on the cookies as well and finished with some red sprinkles. The result was amazing sweetness strawberry white chocolate sugar cookies they were a big hit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails