Tuesday, February 23, 2010

San Diego the city where I live!!!!!

I was at my painting class last night at city college and decided to step outside for just a minute cause my head was starting to hurt from staring at my canvas. As I went outside I looked around at the tall skyscrapers towering around me and I realized something I haven't thought about yet. I am a city girl me a city girl when did that happen. I mean you can only fully understand what I'm talking about if you would have seen where I grew up. I grew up in hemet that doesn't even really have any freeways going to it you have to drive through temecula or through roads that are surrounded by Dairy's. Hemet has barely anything to do there the mall is kind of a joke and the only thing to do is to go to the movies. There werent' alot of chain restuarants there when I was growing up. The school I went to was super small my graduating class was 21. Looking back I don't think growing up in Hemet was a terrible thing I mean we found our own ways to have fun and the people I grew up with were so nice a down to earth. It just seems wierd to me to compare where I was to where I am now. I mean I have fully adapted to living in a city and it hasn't even phased me at all until last night, and this is almost 6 years after living here. My life is so different now I have to get on 2 freeways to get to work growing up the only time I got on a freeway was to get out of town. I drive downtown twice a week to go to school and then I have to find parking in downtown. When I go visit or hang out with friends I take the freeway just to get to thier house and we also take the freeway to go to church. There is so many things to do from going to the beach, to hiking, to going downtown, a zillion different restuarants, events, farmer's market etc. I think the reason that this stands out to me so much is because I almost feel like I accomplished something by transitioning and not being afraid to transition from a small town to the city, and I guess for four months of my life transitioning to living in a developing country. Anyways so since I am now a "city girl" (if you really know me you know that term doesn't fit entirely) today I am going to be making a ton of recommendations on my favorite restuarants here in san diego.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails