Monday, February 17, 2014

The Space Between


Just a few weekends ago one of my best friends came out for a visit, it had been a good year or maybe longer since I had seen her, and like all visits with best friends, when we got together it was like no time had passed. Which made me happy but sad at the same time. I have had a handful of friends that have been there for me and been genuine true friends "kindred spirits" I like to call them. They are the type of people that require little to no effort to become friends with. It is almost like you have an instant connection and deep sisterly love for and you experience life with them. When they experience sadness your heart experiences sadness too, when they experience joy you join in that joy with them. Hanging out with friends like that is the same feeling as coming home, there is a familiarity there is a security,  and the comfort of knowing that this friend will love you through thick and thin, that they will not judge you but speak openly to you in love, they will look out for your best interest and you theirs and they will have your back when you need it, or be there to help you pick up the pieces in the toughest moments. I have a handful of friends like this and each one is unique and special to me, but as I have gotten older it has become so much more difficult to find friends like this and I am beginning to realize how rare and precious these friendships are to me. Which is why I find myself cherishing any amount of time I can spend with these friends, especially because most of my "kindred spirit" friendships have become long distant friendships. Long distant friendships are the one thing in life I wish I could change, I wish I could close all the spaces between my friends and I, and that we could all live close and be there for each other anytime and all the time, but I know I can't and I guess I will have to be ok with the space between, and cherish the chances I get to spend with friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss you so much!! so glad I got to spend time with you. xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails