Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Comfort Zone

Do you ever find that you have been sitting in a comfort zone for so long that when it is time to leave you become completely reluctant to even think of venturing out of your comfort zone. Well that's how I have been feeling lately. I have been living in San Diego for 6 years and I have loved every day of living there I feel like I have become so familiar with the beaches places to eat different areas of the city and of course the friends I have made here. Even got used to the job that gave me the security of a regular paycheck. This past summer how ever I feel like God has opened the door for me to accomplish a huge dream of mine and yet I feel soo stressed about leaving the things that are comfortable to me. In one of my past posts I had claimed to be a city girl now that I have been living in San Diego, and now I am moving up to San Francisco an even bigger city, and all of a sudden I feel so small like a needle in a haystack will I feel so lost in such a big city. I am nervous about finding a place to live in the right areas of town and transportation and I even some times stress about being late to class because of the fact that I will probably get a lost my first few weeks up in the city. I know all of this is crazy but this is all part of my new city new school new life even jitters. I have been working on having the attitude of gratitude. I mean really how blessed am I that I get to leave the routine I once had and stretch myself to experience something new and to challenge myself to have the courage to grab onto the opportunity God presented to me and get my master's degree! Ugh so many emotions come from a big move and I am feeling them all toppling onto me as I make my plans to move.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails