Sunday, August 22, 2010

Life in the City!


Well I packed my bags for yet another move this was move #11 but instead of moving to another location in San Diego I moved all the way up to San Francisco. It was hard saying good bye to the things I am so used to and the life I loved in San Diego. Tears were shed and I found myself saying good bye to everything even my Point Loma target as I went in to pick up some last minute items. I took one last look around my empty room and hurried to get in the car for my road trip up, and as I shut the front door to my beloved sandcastle I realized that would be the last time I would shut and lock that front door.

I found it much easier this time packing up my stuff but I was more reluctant to leave than I have ever felt in any of my other moves. I hung out one last time with close friends at Shakespeare's pub and as I looked around the table at all the important people in my life I began to wonder what would my life look like a month from now would I find another close group of friends. As I sat there I told my friend Melissa about how nervous I was about making friends due to the fact that I am a bit of an introvert. She just smiled at me and said Melina look around you look at this table just think a couple years ago you didn't know any of us and you have a really great group of people who love you right here in front of you, you're going to be just fine. Well I'm keeping her words as encouragement in the next few months as I try to explore this new city and make new friends.

It's weird though as I look out the window sitting in my new room I wonder what are my friends doing right now probably taking a nap before our sunday night bible study. I also wonder what kind of sunset it will be on sunset cliffs tonight. It hasn't really hit me yet how far away I am from these things but I am thankful to have a piece of home (Tim) with me sharing this new life up in this big city.

So dear readers I will catch you up soon on my amazing summer and on what is new with me and my life in the city, as well as fun things to do in San Francisco. Don't be disappointed San Diego readers I will include San Diego things to do from time to time as I remember things I miss or things I wish I was doing, but since I am living up here I've got to report reasons for you all to visit me don't I?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Melina: You will soon learn to love the city of San Francisco. You have, no doubt, heard the song "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" ... "where little cable cars - climb halfway to the stars" ... that song, and the city, are each on a list of my Dad's and my all-time favorites! You will surely meet some amazing people whom God will place in your life. The exciting thing is - HE already knows just how wonderful this new chapter in your life will be!! You simply need to awake each morning, ready to discover what awesome gift God has prepared for you that day ... large or small ... focus on that gift and with a grateful heart embrace the days ahead. ~ Karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails