Tuesday, June 3, 2014

29 And Feeling Fine!!!!


Today is the beginning of the last year in my 20's and although I feel like crying a river over it, I decided I'm going to embrace it. I mean after all age is just a number.... right?!!! If you know me at all you know that I'm big on celebrating birthdays I never understood people who are like I don't really celebrate my birthday........ I always think.... WHAT!?!?!?! WHY NOT!!!! I mean this is the day that you came into this world!!!  This is the anniversary of the day that we got YOU!!!! CELEBRATE IT for goodness sake!!! 
So I feel like a bit of a hypocrite in that I didn't plan any celebration for my birthday this year, (so if you were feeling left out that you didn't get an invite, don't worry there were no invites handed out) I know I know so not like me but I honestly let my birthday creep up on me this year and it kinda took me by surprise. (or maybe I avoided facing the inevitable fact that I'm in my last year of my 20's) No but really it was the first one. I might plan something for the weekend. I'm not much of a planner anymore I've always been a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl and this year I definitely am just going to do a last minute party possibly for the weekend.

But I think in this post I am just going to reflect on 28 and share my goals for heading out my last year of my 20's with a BANG baby!!!! (ready or not 30 here I come!!!). 

So for me 28 was kinda non existent I spent the beginning of my 28th year forgetting my age I kept telling people I was 27 when they asked my age and then I would remember oh wait no I'm 28. I enjoyed the sound of 27 so much that later on in the year I decided just to lie about my age, cause 27 sounded better on me! But now that it's over I feel a little bad for 28.....sorry 28 I never claimed you! On to 29 I have a few major goals and minor goals. I could spend time telling you that I would love to maybe buy a house, get pregnant, have my career completely established, go on an awesome trip abroad, but one thing my 29 years of life has brought me is wisdom!! While it's great to have goals like these let's be honest do things ever really work out exactly as you plan??? The answer for all you youngens is NOOOOOOOO....... and while for some people that may be bad for me it's been pretty great. Sure I never imagined making it to this age in my younger years and having no children or house but I also pictured myself getting married getting pregnant right away being incredibly successful and having an adorable house all by age 27! Crazy right, maybe not for some people reading this, but for me that is crazy and i'm so glad it didn't happen like I had planned it in my mind because it turned out so much better than I imagined it would be. I spent most of my 20's enjoying life living free and meeting the most incredible people along the way I had adventures and fell in love and really lived a blessed life. I wouldn't change any of that for the world! So for 29 I'm not giving myself any lofty timeline goals like I gotta get pregnant by age 30. No instead my goals are pretty simple!
Goal #1 
I would like to use less social media (I realize this is hypocritical of me as I am using social media right now to write this blog post, but I have always thought of this blog as my public journal, so really I'm journaling right now)
Goal #2 
I am going to embrace optimism this year! To be more joyful ( over age 28 I don't know how this happened but I have become a bit of a negative nancy) and for those of you who don't know how my year has been this year it was really challenging for me I'm not going to go into all the reasons why, but I'm turning my back on those hardships and am going to look for positives in everything. ( I mean after all I used to be like this I used to be a joyful person, and I lost her somewhere along the way). 
Goal #3 
I am going to challenge myself physically, I've been a bit of a lazy girl this past year and I want to get back in the healthiest shape of my 20's yet!!! I realize it will take twice as much work and dedication than it did in my early 20's but I look at some of those 40 year olds who look not a day over 25 and think wow I want that! So first step toward this goal will be to sign up for my very first half marathon (I know I know crazy right, but like I said I'm going to go out of my 20's with a BANG) 

Goal #4 
I will be gentler on myself, I have been so hard on myself this past year when it comes to my abilities in work, life, marriage, friendships, etc. and I think it has really been a downer, I'm going to try to be gentler on myself and say "Hey I'm in no way perfect, I make mistakes, I rub people wrong sometimes, and all I can do is my best"( this goal is to work on my self esteem and be ok with not being anywhere close to perfect) 

Goal #5 
Study the Bible more, I've spent a good portion of my life studying for school and once in a while studying the bible, but this year I'm going to start studying the word more, mainly because I feel like that verse that says "the joy of the Lord is my strength" is truth. You can only find Joy in the Lord if you work on getting to know Him more. 

Goal #6 
I am going to embrace this quote more "you have to live spiritedly in many directions never loose your childlike enthusiasm and things will come your way"! I'm going to try to embrace my childlike enthusiasm. 
Goal #7 
I am going to try to increase my independence, since I've been with Tim I've been so dependent on him for everything, and before him I was so fiercely independent. I mean I don't even go surfing alone anymore, and before him thats the only kind of surfing I would do, (so first tangible step toward this goal is to surf at least twice a month alone).

So 7 goals for this next year!!! Let's see how I do! Thank you friends and family for the journey you have joined me on so far! 

Here's a few past birthday posts!! fun to reflect

Here's 27 a complete look back on a decade!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails