Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Miss Fix It Take a Back Seat!


How do you know when to put the tools down and just let your man fix it!

I feel like it's a fine line you walk as an independent woman between knowing when to just back off and the let the hubby play with the tools. 

Why do I even have this dilemma, you wonder.

Well it's like this, some of you may not know that Tim was my first boyfriend, love etc. We started dating when I was 24 which means, I had 24 years of working out my own problems. After I finished college I had my little career going and was enjoying life as a young single independent woman, I was making money paying rent for my own little apartment, if something broke in my place I would often pull out the tools myself, there was no one for me to call and say "babe I need help" I had to fix things on my own before I met Tim, and I LOVED it. I loved getting my tools out and figuring out different parts and successfully putting things back together, what a rush! 

Since then I have been wondering if that is still appropriate, considering I now have a man that also likes to use tools and fix things. Should I buy into our stereotypical roles and give up my love for being a Miss Fix it? Do any of you other married or dating women have this problem or am I the only weirdo out there??? 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails