Thursday, February 7, 2013

Friendships Which Make Time Stand Still!


Friendships are a unique part of life, friendships make life so much richer! I've been so blessed in my life to have such a wealth of different types of people who have come in and out of my life, but the ones that have really stood out to me in my life are the ones who although years may pass when I get together with them it feels like no time has passed! I've moved around to many places since I left Hemet and I have met so many unique people I have had the best of friends who have come and gone in my life. I realize now looking back that if a time machine could ever exist I wish it would keep time still when I am with friends. I met up with a friend for breakfast who I hadn't seen in a few years and it honestly felt like no time had passed, sure our lives had changed and we were in very different places than we were a couple years ago but our interaction was the same and I think that is a rare and unique gift to have that in your friendships. I feel so blessed to be able to have friends like that. 

Since I have moved back to San Diego I have felt a bit sad about the fact that I am starting over, many of the friends I had here before have moved out of San Diego or have moved on with their friendships to build new bonds and groups of friends. I felt a bit weary of finding myself saying goodbye once again to some great friends made in San Francisco and returning to starting that process once again. I began to wonder what life would have been like if I never left San Diego! However after meeting with my friend yesterday I realized that starting fresh is not a terrible place to be, there are some people who I don't get to see as much as I used to but there are some friends who no matter how much life changes they will always be genuine and true and love you no matter how much time passes. I think that is what makes friendships so special they are the one thing in life that makes time feel as if it has stood still. 

It really puts into perspective the shortness of life and the promise of eternity! So if you have a friend that you miss or haven't talked to in a while go out and call them or make a date to see them I'm sure it will fill you with joy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails