Thursday, July 8, 2010

A tale of adventuring with Tim and Melina


Alright I know its been way too long but its taken me a while to get back into the swing of things since I have been home I flew in Tuesday morning and so much has happened since then.

Well two weeks ago Tim and I headed out for a hawaiian island vacation that was much needed for both of us especially Tim who had been studying like crazy for his certification exam. (which by the way he passed!!!! yay Tim thanks for the prayers). Our journey began on the beautiful Island of Kauai it was my first time visiting this island and it remains to this day my favorite one. We were picked up by Tim's roomate Bryce's mom she hosted us for the 3 days that we spent in Kauai we loved staying with Auntie Nancy she was so sweet. We were fortunate enough to be able to use Bryce's car while we were there which was great in allowing us to really explore the island. First thing we did was head to the beach.

The next day adventures began as we hiked up this deserted trail where the bushes grew so thick along the trail that my legs suffered loads of scratches from the brush. The view at the top was incredible however and well worth it. Tim learned some patience with me as I freaked along the way at the sight of enormous spiders and their webs. From here we went to Kipu falls and I have to be honest that although this spot was beautiful and the waterfalls were breathtaking I have a very serious fear of jumping off of high things I had a bit of a meltdown on the edge of the falls cause I desperately wanted to be brave and jump in like all the people around me having such fun but my fear paralyzed me and I couldn't do it. Yes it was a failed attempt. From there we explored a beach nearby.

The next day was incredible we went hiking again this time it was on the opposite side of the island and it was raining our trail was nothing but pools of mud at the end so we got really dirty but it was the most beautiful hike I had ever been on we were so high up you could see nothing but rain forest cliffs and the crystal clear sea. Then we went to a beach on the west side that you had to take a dirt road to we watched the sunset there.

Our final day in Kauai was spent on the north shore which was my absolute favorite we spent most of our time exploring the beach and the bay here it was so awesome. Then we made it back to have dinner with Tom and Nancy we treated them to their favorite pizza place. They were such great company I hope I see them again someday.

From there we flew over to Maui and did the typical tourists things you know the road to Hana the black sand beach were Tim and I swam with another sea turtle we kept running into sea turtles in the ocean such beautiful creatures. Oh and I almost forgot while in Maui Tim was unfortunate enough to have been stung by a Portuguese Man of War poor thing got him good. One of my favorite memories on Maui was going to a local graduation party, Tims friend Turner is in a Reggea band and they played for this highschool graduation party. Tim and I stood out like soar thumbs but the people were so warm and welcoming they insisted on us grabbing food and hanging out so nice, and so fun.

We finally made our way to Oahu Tim and I were both disappointed with how busy the city of honolulu was it didn't really feel like a vacation there, but a bunch of friends were in oahu then so we were able to hang out with people while we were there. We hung out with Isaac and Brigid since Isaac was there for RimPac and then we hung out with tim's athletic training friends that were there for the conference, we went to see Eclipse with Amy and her two girls, and then we headed over to the North Shore and spent some time with Elena and Marissa this was our best time on Oahu we spent the fourth of July at a great BBQ with Marissa's family lit some fireworks. We also went to Waimea Bay were I finally conquered my fear and jumped off the rock at Waimea I was so proud it took so much courage and tears for me to finally make the jump and afterwards I felt like I conquered one of my greatest obstacles. Our last day in Oahu was one of my favorite days in Hawaii we went Cave Diving which was so incredible. Marissa's friends took us to these rocks were people snorkel and under the rocks are enourmous caves were fish and sea creatures live, we had to hold our breath to get from one cave to the next and we had to follow the light from the sun to find our way it was soo cool I felt like I was in Ariel's grotto or something. Tim and I were so sad to leave the beautiful islands but we look forward to returning again someday. (I promise to post some pics soon)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!! It sounds like you two had an amazing trip!! So cool that you got to see some friends over there. Congrats on cliff jumping :) Don't worry, i'm quite a weenie myself when it comes to jumping off high things!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails