Saturday, January 28, 2012

Swimming all my troubles away


My own personal therapy lately has been running and swimming, as a graduate student in an emotionally intense graduate program I have found that self care is vital. Taking care of myself has allowed me to reduce the stress surrounding the intense amount of homework I have weekly, and has given me an outlet or release for the emotional strain that working in practicum brings. This semester has already tested my limits, the work load has not only grown but has become much more valuable to me as a growing professional. The life and times of an Art Therapy/Marriage and Family Therapy graduate student is probably one of life's greatest challenges for this carefree girl, but I'm somehow managing to keep my head above water and that in itself is an accomplishment. This may be my last post for a while (until the end of the semester at least) however I may return from time to time to use this blog as a journal to reflect on this graduate school experience, but until then ciao!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails