Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Classic Movie Cafe

Well it's been a while since I've made any classic movie recommendation I'm not sure if any of you even enjoy classic movies, but I absolutely love them and there are so many christmas favorites that I am going to recommend many movies over the next few weeks so here are a few of my favorites!
The Shop Around the Corner
In Ernst Lubitsch's charming, Budapest-set romance -- later remade as the Meg Ryan-Tom Hanks vehicle You've Got Mail -- Klara (Margaret Sullavan) and Alfred (James Stewart) fall in love, even though they've only met before as pen pals and don't even know each other's names. Over Alfred's objections, Klara is hired in the shop where he works. But as they continue their loving correspondence, they embark on a combative working relationship. This film is one of my many christmas favorites!!

For me nothing says christmas like hearing Bing Crosby sing White Christmas!!! Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye play war buddies turned entertainers who fall for a pair of sisters (Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen). The boys follow the girls to a resort, which is owned by their former commanding officer, and he's in danger of losing the place. What better reason to stage a show than to keep the resort out of hock?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails