Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas is here lets wrap some gifts

I'm going to try to be intentional about blogging these next couple weeks because so much is going on but I don't want to neglect this festive season.
So today's post is about a little project I am doing with my preschoolers but it's so great I want to share it with you! I don't know if any of you are big into recycling but i've been collecting paper bags from Trader Joes everytime I get one I think well I should reuse this so I found a project that allowed me to do just that and get rid of all those bags I've been holding onto. This is a DIY wrapping paper project you can do if you want to do something different! So basically you take your paper bag and open it along the seems so you have just one large piece of brown paper, if it's super wrinkled pull out the old iron and flatten it out a little. If you don't have any paper bags you can get a roll of packaging paper from pretty much anywhere. Then go ahead and have fun decorating it use christmas stencils, paint, sponges, etc get creative. My preschooler's did red and green hand prints. You can even use stickers like the bottom photo.
Then use some pretty ribbons for finishing touches tie on a candy cane or some jingle bells if you want or if you are feeling really crafty you can do what I will be doing with my preschoolers and make some of these cool yarn pom poms click here for instructions on that!





1 comment:

Joanne Bischof said...

Thats a great idea and it looks like fun! And I'm with you on having a stack of paper bags!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails