Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dear San Diego

I have been missing you San Diego since I left you August 20, 2010, but this is my final farewell; from now on I refuse to dwell on the fact that we are no longer close and to all my San Diego readers I will be unable to post San Diego fun things to do as I am no longer dwelling on my dear San Diego. So here is a list of the things I will miss about you San Diego and after this list, that is it I will be done I will force myself to experience in full my new life here in San Francisco.

To NORTH COUNTY
Encinitas/Cardiff lets even throw in Carlsbad
I will miss your street shows
I will miss camping at San Elijo
I will miss surfing Pipes oh and eating at Pipes
I will miss Cardiff Reef
I will miss driving on Highway 101 seeing dad's surf sculpture

To LA JOLLA
I will miss teaching surf lessons at the shores
I will miss Blacks
I will miss laying out at wind and sea

To CLAIRMONT
I will miss visiting my best friends Bea and Maggie

To PB
I will miss your little beach bar vibe
I will miss your cheap clothing stores
I will miss riding bikes to you
I will miss bonfires at crown point watching fireworks from sea world

To MISSION BEACH
I will miss meeting friends at your volleyball courts
I won't miss traffic or parking on the weekends or summertime
I will miss skateboarding on your boardwalk
I will miss surfing on your waves
I will miss sneaking in and swimming at the Hyatt hotel pool

To MISSION VALLEY and all that stuff in the middle
I will even miss your Charger's stadium
I will miss shopping
I will miss your movie theaters
I will miss going to San Diego State Games

To NORTH PARK/HILLCREST/SOUTHPARK
I will miss your small urban vibe
I will miss all your cool little places to eat
I will miss balboa park and everything that goes along with it

To DOWNTOWN
I will miss riding bikes along the harbor to go visit you
I will miss all the late night dancing you offer
I will miss the restaurants
I will mis Petco Park and the many fun times there
I will miss catching your Ferry over to CORNADO where I will miss riding bikes around
I will miss your city college and all the art classes I took there especially Wayne's classes and all the people in them.
To OLD TOWN
I will miss Taco Tuesday

To OB/POINTLOMA
saved this for last cause I miss it the most.
I will miss calling you home
I will miss everything about you
I will miss bonfires at Shelter Island
I will miss sneaking into hotel pools in shelter island
I will miss going with Tim to walk Kai at Kellog Beach
I miss Tim's old place
I will miss all my favorite places to eat Wing Weds, Tender Greens etc.
I miss Liberty Station
I miss the Cat Lounge and hanging out with friends there playing shuffle board
I miss everything about OB newport street and every shop there
I miss the OB's Farmer's Market (the farmers market's here will never compare)
I miss Newbreak cafe and all that goes with it
I miss the view at night from the Top of the hill between Point Loma and OB
I miss running on the cliffs
I miss watching the sunset and sunrise on the cliffs I miss camping out on the cliffs and late night exploring of the cliffs.
I miss PLNU
And most of all out of every San Diego memory I miss surfing the cliffs I miss the sunset sessions I miss Garbage, Ab, Sub and In Betweens ughh I miss you more than I can say!

And to San Diego as a whole
I miss your relaxed chill vibe the surf culture
I miss your perfect weather year round
I miss your beautiful beaches
I miss your delicious Mexican food
I miss all the wonderful friends that I left you with

So this is it goodbye my dear San Diego I have finally come to terms with the fact that you are no longer my home I will accept and appreciate my circumstances that have taken me away from you and I will try to find things to love about my new home. I promise to someday return to you but until then this is Good BYE.

Love Always
Melina

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails