Friday, October 1, 2010

Classic Movie Cafe

Today is the birthday of not only my sister but also of a lovely actress who was the star in one of my favorite children's movies "Mary Poppins" Today is Julie Andrews birthday so in honor of her birthday I am recommending one of her movies that wasn't as well known as Mary Poppins or Sound of Music but a move that I do love. Thoroughly Modern Millie is about a small town girl who comes to New York during the "roaring twenties" in search of a secretarial job and an unattached boss. Before you can say "23 skidoo," Millie befriends fellow single girl Mary Tyler Moore and comes across a white slavery plot run by a hysterically funny beatrice Lillie. Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen contributed to the tuneful score.

I also wanted to look back at a couple of my favorite Julie Andrews films!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails