Friday, September 10, 2010

San Francisco Fun Thing To Do


The Dancing Lesson Edgar Degas 1873-76

The Swing Pierre-Auguste Renoir 1876
The Fifer Edouard Manet 1866Rue Montorgueil Paris Festival June 30, 1878 Claude Monet 1878

Sorry I have been missing in action I started work and classes this week so it's been a pretty busy week. Anyways I wanted to fill you in on my last weekend. On Saturday I went to the De Young Museum in San Francisco's beautiful Golden Gate Park. I went to see an exciting exhibit called the Birth of Impressionism. It was so amazing it was like a $20 ticket to Paris. The De Young Museum is the proud host of an exclusive exhibition from the Musee de Orsay in Paris France, right now the Musee de Orsay is going through some renovations and while that is going on in Paris it's most prized pieces are on display in the De Young Museum and it will be the only museum to host these pieces while away from their home in Paris. There is two parts to the collection the first part ended last weekend it was called the Birth of Impressionism I posted some of my favorite pieces from the exhibit. It was so incredible to see these famous paintings in person. I really enjoyed the exhibit and definitely had a greater appreciation for these famous painters. The following link shows more about that show. The next exciting exhibit Post Impressionist Masterpieces will take place on Sept 25 and continue into January you really shouldn't miss it! click on the link for more info.
Here is a preview of what is coming next that I just can't wait to see!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails