Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Children's Library, what were your favortite children's books growing up.

So I have been saving and collecting children's books for years. My collection is rather large now and sitting in boxes under my bed, waiting for the day when I have children to share them with. I love them because there are some books with the most beautiful artwork in the illustration. The stories are fun and imaginative. The following are a few favorites. Goodnight moon a favorite bedtime story, children love this story because of the ryhthms of the rhyming, it creates a soothing sound and tone which children need at a young age.
This is a fun story about a little bat finding its place in the world. Good story and information on the differences between bats and birds.
One of my all time favorites the illustrations in this book are soo beautiful and the expressions in the characters faces when they finally find the owls are so great. Love it.


Written in 1962 this adorable little boy character who is having so much fun exploring the snow is the first african american to appear in a children's book.

And finally last but not least the Clown of God a touching christmas story about an orphan who wants to serve with his talents. Tomie de Paola is a great children's book author he brings in folk tales from many different countries and recreates them for children to enjoy.

Let me know if you have any recomendations on what your favorite books are so I can add them to my library.

1 comment:

brittany said...

Dr. Seuss! theres a wocket in my pocket. oh the thinks you can think. and then there's another one i can never remember the name of but its the one where A-Z come out of the cat's ha to clean up the snow spots.

and i like the one about are you my mother? i think thats the name. i have a few more but i forgot them. anyway, you do have a good collection. did you end up buying that children's book on our seattle/portland/victoria trip? it looked really cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails