Monday, March 4, 2013

Springing into Gear

Wow time flies I really can't believe we are changing the time again seems like winter just flew by, which is great because I hate winters blah so cold and dreary to depressing for this sunshine loving girl. What happened this winter well I'm ashamed to say that I let myself go and let the graduate school blues (that's the depression you experience when you finish graduate school) get the best of me. I lost motivation for things I love to do run, surf, dance etc. So what happens when you get older and stop being as active as you used to, you get fat, well you gain weight. But I'm saying good bye to those stinking lb's and taking my life back, Im springing into gear this month I started by finding myself an accountability partner my good friend Bea and I are checking in together to make sure we stay on track with our fitness goals. I had a physical today at the doctor so I know I'm in good health and I know my exact wt. So here are a few of the things I have learned about staying in good shape.
  1. Don't ever starve yourself, that really just slows your metabolism down which is completely counterproductive. 
  2. Make realistic goals for yourself.
  3. Guilt is counterproductive don't beat yourself up over little mistakes if you didn't make it to the gym one day but made it the other 4 don't spiral into a woah is me I can't do this. 
  4. Don't put your focus on calorie counting there is so much bad information out there that companies market their snacks as low calorie or 100 calorie type snacks but those snacks have zero nutritious value. If you are going to eat calories make sure they are nutrient dense meaning that even if there is a high calorie count there are tons of vitamins and minerals in that food that is going to keep your body and metabolism functioning. 
  5. Carbs aren't the enemy, but if you are going to eat carbs they need to be very high in fiber, and pair it with a protein because the combination of carbs and proteins together is actually a really great combination to keep your body energized. 
  6. And finally most importantly don't do workouts you hate that is the fastest way to failure, if you love to dance do an hour of dancing, (sign up for that club dance class at your gym) if you love to hike, hike, if you hate running don't do it, if you love to do yoga do yoga find something you love and look forward to, so that working out is not as much of a chore. 
Here are my fitness inspirations!!! 

You gotta be in good shape to catch all those waves out in the water!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails