Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HAHA oh the calories

I was at starbucks this morning! In front of me a woman who I'm assuming is a regular ordered her nonfat drink and then got a pastry the checker asked her why she no longer got the zucchini muffin she usually gets and the woman said I didn't realize it had so many calories! I wanted to laugh out loud, now that starbucks has the calorie count on their food you get an idea exactly what you are putting in your mouth, and are not deceived by the sound of a something being low in calories I'm sure that woman thought she was eating the healthiest thing on the menu. It is important to remember that if you are looking at just the calories of an item you are really missing the more important thing what is the nutrients if you have something low in calories but has zero vitamins nutrients or fiber well you really aren't doing yourself a favor check the calories but when making the decision ask your self is this nutritious will this give me some of the vitamins my body needs and have that make your decision. Because your metabolism does need fuel to work!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

you are a very smart girl melina! loved your comment the other day. how's the planning going?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails